Sunday, July 7, 2013

No. 6: Hollywood Half Marathon, April 6

Eric and I found our second roommate on Craigslist. We couldn't have asked for a better roomie. His girlfriend is equally awesome: She once left plates of carne asada and eggs for us after a night out drinking. Kristina was the first person to agree to run one of my #13in2013 races with me. I looked forward to seeing Jeff and Kristina. Upon exiting into "Historic Filipinotown", I was greeted by a questionable establishment's slogan: "Everyone Loves a Happy Ending". This filipina couldn't stop laughing.

The night before the race, Kristina and I enjoyed margaritas and sopes after picking up our bibs at City Walk. We probably crossed the start line more than five minutes after the official start. The course was nothing spectacular, but the firefighters and police officers in Hollywood are all extremely attractive and avid race fans. The superheroes, Marilyns, and Elvises made the course more entertaining. Our bottomless mimosas at the Waffle House were the perfect closing to a fun and memorable 24 hours with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment