Saturday, March 9, 2013

2013: 13 x 13.1

I am a nerd. I once celebrated Pi Day, 3/14, by eating pie. I track my finishing times, workouts, and caloric intake in Microsoft Excel. I snorted with excitement when I realized the numerical charm of thirteen 13.1 mile long races in 2013. Lucky or unlucky, the number thirteen appeals to me. I adjusted my glasses, pulled out my wedgie, and announced my goal on Facebook. Then, I drafted a plan:


I am not alone in this journey. A woman who blogged her twelve races in 2012 is continuing with thirteen races in 2013. You can view her blog at jillconyers.com. There are hundreds of people, mostly female, striving for thirteen races this year. Fortunately, we connect and encourage one another via social media. Thankfully, I have had friends and family present at three of the four events I have completed this year. I am discovering that achieving my numerical-based goal is more tolerable with company.

No comments:

Post a Comment